- Open-Access Model
- Peer-Review System
- Zero Publication Charges
- Bi-Annual Issue Frequency
Manuscript Submission Guidelines:
Manuscript Submission Guidelines: UCP Journal of Law and Legal Education (UCP-JLLE)
- Manuscripts must be in English and should be submitted at http://ojs.ucp.edu.pk/index.php/ucpjlle.
- Other editorial correspondence should be addressed to the Editor, UCP-JLLE email@example.com.
- Only those manuscripts will be reviewed whose Aims and Scope fall within the ambit of UCP-JLLE.
- No-fees requirement for the submission or publication in this journal.
- You will be expected to certify that you are submitting your original work, that you own the rights to the work, that you are submitting it for first publication in the Journal, that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere, and that it has not been published elsewhere as part of the submission process, and that you have received and can provide the requisite permission for the reproduction of any copyright works that you do not own.
- What do we publish?
1.1 Aims & Scope:
Please make sure that you have read the Aims & Scope before sending your manuscript to the UCP-JLLE.
1.2 Article format:
- The preferred maximum length of articles should be 7000-8000 words, essays should be 5000-6000 words, book reviews, Legislative and judgment reviews should be 3000-4000 words. The abstract should be (200-250 words).
- Contributors must have a separate Title Page with the manuscript title, writers’ names, affiliations, e-mail addresses, and postal addresses.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers. These will be added by the editors.
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file Word file.
- Page size should be 6.6 x 9.7-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top, and bottom) should be 1 inch (2.54 cm), including your tables and figures.
- Single space your text.
- Use a single-column layout with both left and right margins justified.
- Font:12 pt. Times New Roman
- When possible, there should be no pages where more than a quarter of the page is empty space.
1.3 Writing your article:
The contributor may submit their article under a cover letter addressed to the editor, containing the following statement:
- I confirm the accuracy of the citations in the attached manuscript.
- I confirm that I have read and understood the journal’s submission policy and that my manuscript complies with it.
- I certify that no part of the manuscript infringes someone else’s copyright.
1.4 The manuscript should be structured as follows:
- The template for manuscript preparation as available at Journal’s website http://ojs.ucp.edu.pk/index.php/ucpjlle should be strictly followed.
- Use British Englishrather than American English (for example, ‘programme’ rather than ‘program,’ ‘labour’ rather than ‘labor,’ and ‘centre’ rather than ‘center’).
- Use double quotes instead of single quotes.
- Use the terms ‘twentieth century’ and ‘1980s’. Spell out numbers from one to nine, 10 and above to remain in figures. However, only use figures for accurate measurements (3 km, 9 per cent, not %). Instead of lakhs and crores, use thousands and millions.
- Italics and diacritical can be minimized but used consistently. Tables and figures should be identified by numbers rather than placement such as (see Table 1) and not like (see Table below). In the text, all figures and tables should be cited. Regardless of whether or not permissions are needed, the source for figures and tables should be listed.
- Figures, including maps, graphs and drawings, should not be larger than the page size. They should be numbered and arranged as per their references in the text. All photographs and scanned images should have a resolution of a minimum of 300 dpi and 1,500 pixels and their format should be TIFF or JPEG.
- Due permissions should be taken for copyright-protected photographs/images. Even for photographs/images available in the public domain, it should be ascertained whether or not their reproduction requires permission for purposes of publishing (which is a profit-making endeavour).
- All photographs/scanned images should be provided separately in a folder along with the main article. All figures and tables should be cited in the text and should have the source (a specific URL, a reference or, if it is the author’s own work, ‘The Author’) mentioned irrespective of whether or not they require permissions.
- The journal’s editorial board will process the manuscript for review ONLY after receiving the following form.
- Please sign and upload this copy with the submission file.